6D5N Discovering Puglia! (Every Friday)
IncludedAccommodationEntrance FeeMeal as per itineraryTour
Not IncludedAirport TransferFlight TicketHalal MealTipping to GuideTransportationTravel InsuranceVisa
DAY 1 BARI
Arrival in Bari on your own. Meet our Tour Leader in your hotel in Bari, the main city of Puglia, and from here start our tour to discover this wonderful region. Walking tour in the afternoon to learn about the city’s history and its most relevant monuments.
Walk through the charming narrow alleys of the old city center, admire the Basilica of San Nicola where the remains of Saint Nicholas of Myra are preserved and the Norman-Swabian Castle, a 12th century fortress built by Roger the Norman and rebuilt by Frederick II of Swabia. Be amazed by the astonishing view that you can enjoy from the fortress (admission fee for the Castle at own expense). After the visit, reach Piazza Mercantile where you will see the ancient Column of Justice. Dinner and overnight.
DAY 2 BARI - TRANI - CASTEL DEL MONTE - ALBEROBELLO
Enjoy your breakfast at the hotel before leaving Bari by coach to reach Trani. Known as the ‘Pearl of Puglia’, the medieval town of Trani is one of the most remarkable cities of Southern Italy. Discover its art and monuments, visit the Jewish quarter and the wonderful white stone Cathedral. In the afternoon, reach Castel Del Monte, one of Puglia’s most acclaimed landmarks. Visit this UNESCO World Heritage Site built in the 13th century under Roger the Norman, one of the most enlightened kings in history. The building is a harmonious geometrical complex, shaped as an octagon and surrounded by a still unsolved mystery.
Your journey will continue towards Alberobello: a world-known UNESCO World Heritage Site made famous by the “Trulli”. These drystone cone-shaped houses were built in the 14th century from local limestone and this village is really unique, with a fairytale-like atmosphere. The town of Alberobello gets its name from the ancient oak forest of “Arboris Belli” (beautiful trees) that once covered the area. It is possible to see these typical buildings all over the Itria Valley. Overnight stay in a scattered hotel, sleeping in a real “Trullo”. Dinner included.
DAY 3 ALBEROBELLO - MATERA - ALBEROBELLO
DAY 4 ALBEROBELLO - LOCOROTONDO - OSTUNI - LECCE
DAY 5 LECCE - OTRANTO - DINNER AT THE “MASSERIA LE STANZÌE - LECCE
DAY 6 LECCE
Reviews Scores and Score Breakdown
- All prices are per person in double room
- Transportation by deluxe motorcoach
- See the UNESCO WORLD HERITAGE SITES of Castel Del Monte, Alberobello and Matera
- Locorotondo and Otranto: Certified “BORGHI”
- Sleep in one of the world famous “Trulli”
- Accommodation in 4 stars hotels
- Meals as per itinerary
- Entrance tickets when included in the itinerary
- Visits with local expert guide as per itinerary
- Porterage service
- Single room surcharge (euro 210,00)
- Entrance fees to monuments or museums when not mentioned
- City tax for overnight stays (according to each city council rules) to be paid directly from clients at the Hotel upon arrival or at the check out
- Everything that is not mentioned in the paragraph “The Tour includes”